Fast Track Kindergarten Readiness Program
Fast Track Kindergarten Readiness Program is the extension of our preschool program, where the children are prepared for starting the Kindergarten in a short period of time. As the name tells itself, we go through all the components of early learning and literacy to make sure that the transition is easy when they enter the school system.
In our play-based preschool program, we offer two- and four-day options where we offer literacy, math, art, science, sensory play, music, and movement in a happy and stimulating environment to promote intellectual and cognitive thinking.
How does our program help your child learn?
While playing in our play centers, such as the dramatic play, block area and our table top area your child will be learning:
- Cooperating with others (taking turns)
- Using language skills
- Verbalizing ideas
- Developing and using fine and gross motor skills
- Classifying by shape, size, and color
- Experimenting with balance and form
- Using imagination
- Testing ideas
- Recognizing quantity
- Understanding number concepts
- Improving hand-eye coordination
While we are having group/circle time children are learning:
- Language skills
- Pr-reading skills
- Learning to follow directions
- Working independently and as a group
- Gathering information
- Connecting stories to pictures
While we are having Physical Education time children are doing:
- Kids yoga in dim lights and calming background music
- Hip-hop dance
- Toss and Target Games
- Music and Movement
Children explore art as a learning experience; an activity of discovery that is stimulating and interesting. They are more interested in the process of doing art than the result of the finished product.
The art process allows children to explore, discover and manipulate. Sometimes the process can be sensory, such as feeling slippery cool paint on bare fingers; the mystery of color blending unexpectedly; or a blob of play dough taking form.
The instructor’s job is to provide interesting materials, sit back and watch closely, but unobtrusively. During art, the children are:
- Expanding creativity
- Increasing communication skills
- Improving hand-eye coordination
- Exercising fine motor skills
Getting your child ready for success is our goal !!
At Happy Souls Playschool, we equip your child with the great skills prior to the Kindergarten,
- Recognize the alphabet letters and numbers
- Counting, sorting and pattern making
- Sounds the letters make
- Cutting (holding the scissors properly)
- Drawing (tell a story with their drawing)
- Social Skills (interacting with others, turn taking, etc)
- Large Motor Skills –with our Music & Movement and yoga
January-June 2017 Session
AM Group(Space Available)
Monday/Wednesday, 9am-11am : $230/month
Tuesday/Thursday, 9am-11am : $230/month
Monday-Thursday, 9am-11am :$450/month
PM Group (Wait-list)
Monday/Wednesday, 12:45pm-2:45pm : $230/month
Tuesday/Thursday, 12:45pm-2:45pm : $230/month
Monday-Thursday, 12:45pm-2:45pm : $450/month
$100 Registration fee applies towards all the enrollments. 10% sibling discount is also available.
If you are interested in enrolling your child in the preschool program, please fill up the form in the registration section of the website.Our admission specialist will contact you shortly.
**** Children in the preschool program must be fully toilet-trained****
Programs are eligible for Stay-at-Home Parents subsidy. Please check your eligibility at http://humanservices.alberta.ca/financial-support/15104.html